Author Topic: Video from 2011 Molokai Hoe (Hawaiian Canoe Club)  (Read 2320 times)

Cisco

Video from 2011 Molokai Hoe (Hawaiian Canoe Club)
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:48AM »
Hello Everyone,

I was looking for some video from this year's Molokai Hoe race, since I was not able to view it online and this is what I found:

!

This is a video of Hawaiian Canoe Club (White) which placed 11th.  Not a bad video to watch.  They are paddling at a pretty quick rate of approx 70-72 strokes/minute.  At about the 2:40 mark, Hui Lanakila, who placed 10th, flies in outta now where and bumps HCC before they take off.  The best part of this video is watching seat 1 from Hui Lanakila almost lose his paddle!  It's classic!

If anyone has additional photos or video they would like to share, I would like to see it.

I also want to congratulate all our our men who participated in this year's race, hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks.

Cisco

AaronM

• Men's Team
  • -
Re: Video from 2011 Molokai Hoe (Hawaiian Canoe Club)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 11:49AM »
So rad. Thanks for posting Cisco. Love seeing the seamless gear shifting when catching bumps. About 60-62 - then ramping to 72+ to get into waves. Then back down. Also so cool seeing how much 5 is steering (paddle steering and kahi). Almost as much as 6. Already excited for next season.

anything